Infectious disease researchers in Canada have launched an interactive online map designed to track diseases in dogs, cats, and horses around the world. The "Worms and Germs Map" can be accessed for free online.
Even though they're small in stature, foals can have some big health problems. And researchers around the world are continually working to better understand these health problems and find more effective ways to treat them. At the 2013 Society for Theriogenology Conference, held Aug. 7-10 in Louisville, Ky., Chris Sanchez, DVM, PhD, Dipl. ACVIM, associ...
A horse owner's day can go from great to horrific in a matter of seconds if he or she arrives at the barn to find their charge either staggering around the field or completely unable to rise. A prompt call to the veterinarian is warranted in these scenarios, but what should an owner expect when the veterinarian arrives?
We often talk about the horse world in the national context, but at the global level the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) assists to protect our horses and the horse industry from infectious disease and to put regulations in place for safe trade and transport between countries.
Most Popular Stories
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Summer Hit Aimed for All American Three-Peat
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Hard Not to Like Seeking CA Score in Gamely
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Jockey Taylor Hole Rides 2,000th Winner
- Ostrolenka Appears Poised for Mike Lee Stakes
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont