Infectious disease researchers in Canada have launched an interactive online map designed to track diseases in dogs, cats, and horses around the world. The "Worms and Germs Map" can be accessed for free online.
Even though they're small in stature, foals can have some big health problems. And researchers around the world are continually working to better understand these health problems and find more effective ways to treat them. At the 2013 Society for Theriogenology Conference, held Aug. 7-10 in Louisville, Ky., Chris Sanchez, DVM, PhD, Dipl. ACVIM, associ...
A horse owner's day can go from great to horrific in a matter of seconds if he or she arrives at the barn to find their charge either staggering around the field or completely unable to rise. A prompt call to the veterinarian is warranted in these scenarios, but what should an owner expect when the veterinarian arrives?
We often talk about the horse world in the national context, but at the global level the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) assists to protect our horses and the horse industry from infectious disease and to put regulations in place for safe trade and transport between countries.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin, Classic Empire Work at Churchill Downs
- Stellar Wind Remains on Schedule for Distaff
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- Three Rules Puts in Final Juvenile Work
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Chrome BC Sweepstakes Winner Named
- Smile for Daddy
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Den's Legacy to Stand at Mighty Acres
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185