An Arabian mare in Marion County, Florida, aborted a 310-day gestation (the foal was born dead) on March 13 that was confirmed as having mare reproductive loss syndrome (MRLS), according to Dr. Dana Zimmel, of the University of Florida's College of Veterinary Medicine.
Hurricane preparation, toleration, and clean-up--take four. Horse owners and veterinarians in Florida weathered Category 3 Hurricane Jeanne beginning late Saturday, their fourth natural disaster in six weeks.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- A Q & A With Juddmonte Farms' Teddy Grimthorpe
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Classic Empire Top Individual Choice in KDFW Pool 2
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years