Last year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winning connections will try to recreate some more magic in the blue grass when Zillah Reddam's Renee's Titan starts in the Beaumont Stakes at Keeneland.
Racing last of seven 3-year-old fillies through a half-mile, Renee's Titan launched a sustained rally along the rail to stun champion Beholder in the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) on Jan. 21 at Santa Anita Park.
Spring Style's wait for her first stakes victory ended in her 6-year-old debut Jan. 1 when she held off Harmonious by a nose to win the $147,000 Robert J. Frankel Stakes (gr. IIT) on the turf at Santa Anita.
Medaglia d'Amour made her stakes debut a winning effort when she edged clear in deep stretch to take the $100,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths over favored Cat by the Tale on the Hollywood Park turf May 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win