It took six Thoroughbred stakes for a favorite to come in at Zia Park and she provided the most impressive performance of the day in the final race.
Bouncing back from a ninth-place finish in last month's Raven Run Stakes (gr. II), eastern invader Cassatt led at every call while drawing off in the final furlong for an emphatic win in the $309,000 Zia Park Oaks Nov. 26.
Zia Park Racetrack & Casino conducted its biggest day of racing since opening in 2005 Nov. 27, featuring seven stakes with purses worth a total of more than $1.1 million that attracted a record wagering handle.
Zia Park Racetrack & Casino in Hobbs, N. M., has rescheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 27, the seven stakes that were postponed this weekend due to an unseasonable snowfall and cold temperatures.
Zia Park Racetrack & Casino will offer its richest-ever stakes schedule and a new wagering menu when the Hobbs, N.M., oval begins its racing season Sept. 7. Racing runs until Dec. 3.
The Zia Park Oaks, worth $300,000, is scheduled for its inaugural running Nov. 23, the New Mexico track announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule