Eoin Harty had a hop in his step as he walked back to barn to meet Colonel John, who moments before turned in his final tune-up for the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I). The son of two-time Classic winner Tiznow was clocked in :59.80 for five furlongs over the Santa Anita Pro-Ride surface Nov. 2. It was the third best of 33 works during the morning sessions.
Most Popular Stories
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- Kentucky Derby: Bathtime for American Pharoah
- Forever Unbridled: Oaks Is in Her Genes
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- Tailgating, 'Selfie Sticks' Out at Belmont S.
- What's Going On Here: Kentucky Derby Sires
- Churchill Downs Inc. Looking Forward to Derby
- Stellar Wind 7-2 Choice for Oaks
- Fitness Options Added for Churchill Jockeys