Japan's champion sprinter Lord Kanaloa ended his illustrious career on a high note after being voted the Japan Racing Association's 2013 Horse of the Year.
Red Reveur kept her perfect record intact Dec. 8 when holding back hard-charging race favorite Harp Star by a nose in a rousing finish to the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I).
Gentildonna romped to victory in the Yushun Himba (Jpn-I), or Japanese Oaks, in race-record time at Tokyo Racecourse May 20, giving the 3-year-old the first two jewels of the nation's Triple Crown for fillies.
Captain Thule went to the lead and never looked back, comfortably winning the US$1,606,000 Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas, in an upset before 67,401 at Nakayama Racecourse April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Louisiana Bills to Reduce Dates, Slots Money
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- Gulfstream Uses Graded Stakes Testing Fund
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Downey: Derby Trail, Where They're Going Next
- Dixiana to Sponsor Two Keeneland Stakes
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place