Just a Way, the world's top-rated racehorse, just edged former Japanese champion Grand Prix Boss after a furious battle in the final 100 meters to win Yasuda Kinen (Jpn-I) June 8 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Rainbow Dahlia won the Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup-Diamond Jubilee (Jpn-I) on Nov. 11 at Kyoto, narrowly denying three-time Japan filly Triple Crown runner-up Verxina a breakthrough win.
With a powerful late burst, outsider Nakayama Festa nabbed favorite Buena Vista in the final strides to win the $3.1 million Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I), Japan's grand prix race to conclude the spring racing season June 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Miller Promoted at Millennium Farms
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired