Just a Way, the world's top-rated racehorse, just edged former Japanese champion Grand Prix Boss after a furious battle in the final 100 meters to win Yasuda Kinen (Jpn-I) June 8 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Rainbow Dahlia won the Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup-Diamond Jubilee (Jpn-I) on Nov. 11 at Kyoto, narrowly denying three-time Japan filly Triple Crown runner-up Verxina a breakthrough win.
With a powerful late burst, outsider Nakayama Festa nabbed favorite Buena Vista in the final strides to win the $3.1 million Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I), Japan's grand prix race to conclude the spring racing season June 27.
Most Popular Stories
- New York Discusses Rules on Race-Day Lasix
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Date Set for 2017 Maryland Million Day
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- 'Free Fridays' at National Museum of Racing
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby