Just a Way, the world's top-rated racehorse, just edged former Japanese champion Grand Prix Boss after a furious battle in the final 100 meters to win Yasuda Kinen (Jpn-I) June 8 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Rainbow Dahlia won the Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup-Diamond Jubilee (Jpn-I) on Nov. 11 at Kyoto, narrowly denying three-time Japan filly Triple Crown runner-up Verxina a breakthrough win.
With a powerful late burst, outsider Nakayama Festa nabbed favorite Buena Vista in the final strides to win the $3.1 million Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I), Japan's grand prix race to conclude the spring racing season June 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017