Just a Way, the world's top-rated racehorse, just edged former Japanese champion Grand Prix Boss after a furious battle in the final 100 meters to win Yasuda Kinen (Jpn-I) June 8 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Rainbow Dahlia won the Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup-Diamond Jubilee (Jpn-I) on Nov. 11 at Kyoto, narrowly denying three-time Japan filly Triple Crown runner-up Verxina a breakthrough win.
With a powerful late burst, outsider Nakayama Festa nabbed favorite Buena Vista in the final strides to win the $3.1 million Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I), Japan's grand prix race to conclude the spring racing season June 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Birdatthewire Targets Molly Pitcher Stakes
- Ortiz Lands 1,000th Win in John Morrisey
- A Longshot in the Vanderbilt Handicap
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended