Just a Way, the world's top-rated racehorse, just edged former Japanese champion Grand Prix Boss after a furious battle in the final 100 meters to win Yasuda Kinen (Jpn-I) June 8 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Rainbow Dahlia won the Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup-Diamond Jubilee (Jpn-I) on Nov. 11 at Kyoto, narrowly denying three-time Japan filly Triple Crown runner-up Verxina a breakthrough win.
With a powerful late burst, outsider Nakayama Festa nabbed favorite Buena Vista in the final strides to win the $3.1 million Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I), Japan's grand prix race to conclude the spring racing season June 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen