Just a Way, the world's top-rated racehorse, just edged former Japanese champion Grand Prix Boss after a furious battle in the final 100 meters to win Yasuda Kinen (Jpn-I) June 8 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Rainbow Dahlia won the Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup-Diamond Jubilee (Jpn-I) on Nov. 11 at Kyoto, narrowly denying three-time Japan filly Triple Crown runner-up Verxina a breakthrough win.
With a powerful late burst, outsider Nakayama Festa nabbed favorite Buena Vista in the final strides to win the $3.1 million Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I), Japan's grand prix race to conclude the spring racing season June 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap