Just a Way, the world's top-rated racehorse, just edged former Japanese champion Grand Prix Boss after a furious battle in the final 100 meters to win Yasuda Kinen (Jpn-I) June 8 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Rainbow Dahlia won the Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup-Diamond Jubilee (Jpn-I) on Nov. 11 at Kyoto, narrowly denying three-time Japan filly Triple Crown runner-up Verxina a breakthrough win.
With a powerful late burst, outsider Nakayama Festa nabbed favorite Buena Vista in the final strides to win the $3.1 million Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I), Japan's grand prix race to conclude the spring racing season June 27.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- La Cressonniere to Miss Arc After Setback
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis