Shonan Adela stamped herself as Japan's top 2-year-old filly when she came with an overpowering outside run and edged past Let's Go Donki in the final strides in the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I) Dec. 14.
Rainbow Dahlia won the Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup-Diamond Jubilee (Jpn-I) on Nov. 11 at Kyoto, narrowly denying three-time Japan filly Triple Crown runner-up Verxina a breakthrough win.
With a powerful late burst, outsider Nakayama Festa nabbed favorite Buena Vista in the final strides to win the $3.1 million Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I), Japan's grand prix race to conclude the spring racing season June 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- Rich Tapestry's Korea Sprint Start in Doubt
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- New York OKs Full Casino for Tioga Downs
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016