Shonan Adela stamped herself as Japan's top 2-year-old filly when she came with an overpowering outside run and edged past Let's Go Donki in the final strides in the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I) Dec. 14.
Rainbow Dahlia won the Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup-Diamond Jubilee (Jpn-I) on Nov. 11 at Kyoto, narrowly denying three-time Japan filly Triple Crown runner-up Verxina a breakthrough win.
With a powerful late burst, outsider Nakayama Festa nabbed favorite Buena Vista in the final strides to win the $3.1 million Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I), Japan's grand prix race to conclude the spring racing season June 27.
Most Popular Stories
- TOBA Names Top Owners, Breeders for 2014
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Live Stream of Welfare Summit Offered July 8
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back