In a scenario reminiscent of the horse industry's heyday of the early 1980s, Japanese trainer Hideyuki Mori won a bidding duel with Irish agent Demi O'Byrne Tuesday to acquire a Storm Cat colt for $8 million at Keeneland's September yearling sale.
A Sunday Silence colt topped the second session of the Easter yearling sale in Australia when he was purchased by a first-time Japanese buyer.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse