In a scenario reminiscent of the horse industry's heyday of the early 1980s, Japanese trainer Hideyuki Mori won a bidding duel with Irish agent Demi O'Byrne Tuesday to acquire a Storm Cat colt for $8 million at Keeneland's September yearling sale.
A Sunday Silence colt topped the second session of the Easter yearling sale in Australia when he was purchased by a first-time Japanese buyer.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time