In a scenario reminiscent of the horse industry's heyday of the early 1980s, Japanese trainer Hideyuki Mori won a bidding duel with Irish agent Demi O'Byrne Tuesday to acquire a Storm Cat colt for $8 million at Keeneland's September yearling sale.
A Sunday Silence colt topped the second session of the Easter yearling sale in Australia when he was purchased by a first-time Japanese buyer.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- Kentucky Derby: Carrots for American Pharoah
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Post Kentucky Derby News Update for May 3
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby: Bob Baffert Reflects on Derby
- Kentucky Derby: Firing Line to Preakness
- International Star Scratched from the Derby