In a scenario reminiscent of the horse industry's heyday of the early 1980s, Japanese trainer Hideyuki Mori won a bidding duel with Irish agent Demi O'Byrne Tuesday to acquire a Storm Cat colt for $8 million at Keeneland's September yearling sale.
A Sunday Silence colt topped the second session of the Easter yearling sale in Australia when he was purchased by a first-time Japanese buyer.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Draws Post 5 for Belmont
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- Mubtaahij Races For 'Other' Sheikh in Belmont
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Champion Escena Dead at Age 22 in Kentucky
- Tonalist Looks to Continue Met Mile Trend
- NBC, NYRA Extend Belmont Stakes Contract
- McCauley Appointed to TCA Board of Directors
- Mitchell to Retire from Juddmonte Farms
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode