Little Mike, a three-time graded stakes winner on the Gulfstream Park turf earlier this year, returned to his favorite course after 8 1/2 months on the sidelines to win an allowance/optional claiming race by a nose.
For the second time during the meet, Little Mike went gate to wire to win a graded stakes on the Gulfstream Park turf, turning back a solid field in the $150,000 Canadian turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) Feb. 27.
Veteran turf campaigner Twilight Meteor gets a little class relief when he takes on nine rivals, including Barbaro's full brother Nicanor, in the $150,000 Canadian Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) Feb. 27 at Gulfstream Park.
Yankee Fourtune remained undefeated in five starts on turf, inching away in upper stretch and holding off a pair of rivals in the late going to win the $121,900 Commonwealth Turf (gr. IIIT) by a length Nov. 13.
Speedy gelding Yankee Fourtune will seek his fifth consecutive victory Nov. 13 at Churchill Downs when he faces a dozen rivals in the $100,000 Commonwealth Turf (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds going 1 1/16 miles.
What Yankee Fourtune did in the Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) Oct. 9 is what he does best, and that is to set the pace.
Dean's Kitten, owned by Ken and Sarah Ramsey, has been installed as the lukewarm 7-2 morning line favorite in the $150,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT). Eight 3-year-olds were entered in the 1 1/8-mile turf event.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile