B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Australia has named Grant Burrill as the new farm manager at its Victoria-based operation, effective Jan. 18.
Spendthrift Australia has set its debut roster of four stallions that will stand in 2015 for the upcoming Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
Grade I winner Jimmy Creed will shuttle to Spendthrift Australia and participate in the farm's Share The Upside Program in 2015.
Spendthrift Australia has announced that Warrior's Reward, the grade I-winning son of Medaglia d'Oro, will be the first of its stallions to shuttle to Australia in 2015.
B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm has acquired Yallambee Stud in Victoria, Australia, to be the home of its new Australian Thoroughbred operation.
A filly by Snitzel sold for $560,000 (US$437,849) at the Inglis premier yearling sale March 1 in Melbourne, topping the first day of trading, which saw across-the-board increases in gross, average, and median.
Median price reached record heights by the end of the three-day first session of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 4.
Sixty-seven yearlings sold for a gross of 1,021,500 Australian dollars (approximately $601,970 in U.S. funds) and an average of 15,246 Australian dollars ($8,984) during the inaugural premier II yearling sale at Oaklands Thursday.
Group I winner Distant Music, who entered stud this year at Morristown Lattin Stud in Ireland, will stand the Southern Hemisphere season at the Woodard family's Yallambee Stud in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite