A filly by Snitzel sold for $560,000 (US$437,849) at the Inglis premier yearling sale March 1 in Melbourne, topping the first day of trading, which saw across-the-board increases in gross, average, and median.
Median price reached record heights by the end of the three-day first session of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 4.
Sixty-seven yearlings sold for a gross of 1,021,500 Australian dollars (approximately $601,970 in U.S. funds) and an average of 15,246 Australian dollars ($8,984) during the inaugural premier II yearling sale at Oaklands Thursday.
Group I winner Distant Music, who entered stud this year at Morristown Lattin Stud in Ireland, will stand the Southern Hemisphere season at the Woodard family's Yallambee Stud in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir Be 'The Boss'
- HOF Trainer Jerkens in Intensive Care in FL
- Crimson Giant Chasing Unlikely Big 'Cap Glory
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Horses to Watch at F-T Florida Sale
- American Pharoah Tops 162 Blue Grass Nominees
- Consignors Upbeat Ahead of F-T Florida Sale
- Water Bucket Heater Caused Chanteclaire Fire