Grade I winner Jimmy Creed will shuttle to Spendthrift Australia and participate in the farm's Share The Upside Program in 2015.
Spendthrift Australia has announced that Warrior's Reward, the grade I-winning son of Medaglia d'Oro, will be the first of its stallions to shuttle to Australia in 2015.
Spendthrift Farm's Mark Toothaker talks about Beholder, Goldencents, and Spendthrift's new farm in Australia. Listen Now
B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm has acquired Yallambee Stud in Victoria, Australia, to be the home of its new Australian Thoroughbred operation.
A filly by Snitzel sold for $560,000 (US$437,849) at the Inglis premier yearling sale March 1 in Melbourne, topping the first day of trading, which saw across-the-board increases in gross, average, and median.
Median price reached record heights by the end of the three-day first session of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 4.
Sixty-seven yearlings sold for a gross of 1,021,500 Australian dollars (approximately $601,970 in U.S. funds) and an average of 15,246 Australian dollars ($8,984) during the inaugural premier II yearling sale at Oaklands Thursday.
Group I winner Distant Music, who entered stud this year at Morristown Lattin Stud in Ireland, will stand the Southern Hemisphere season at the Woodard family's Yallambee Stud in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- 1995 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Williamson Joins American Horse Council Staff
- Inglis Reports Productive Four-Day Auction
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star