Oft-sanctioned owner/trainer Scooter Davis and trainer Doug Shanyfelt have been banned from Charles Town Races and the West Virginia Racing Commission is reviewing evidence against both horsemen.
The discovery by a New York State Racing and Wagering Board official of a box containing three syringes and needles in Rick Dutrow's barn at Aqueduct was the focus during the second day of his hearing.
New York racing authorities deemed trainer Richard Dutrow `"obnoxious" and ordered him to show why he should not be suspended, lose his license, and be kicked off state tracks.
Stewards at Golden Gate Fields have disqualified a pair of horses trained by Jerry Hollendorfer and ordered a redistribution of purses in separate medication cases announced by the California Horse Racing Board Nov. 1.
Trainer Cody Autrey is serving a seven-day suspension and has agreed to a $12,500 fine after two horses in his care were found to have competed with guanabenz in their systems during last summer's Del Mar meet.
Trainer Michael Pender began serving a 15-day suspension Jan. 3 stemming from a medication violation for guanabenz, which was found in one of his horses during the Del Mar meeting.
Northern California trainers Jerry Hollendorfer and Jeff Bonde were named in separate California Horse Racing Board complaints announced Oct. 20.
Two complaints against trainer Cody Autrey and one against trainer Michael Pender were filed by the California Horse Racing Board after horses in their care were found to have guanabenz in their systems in post-race urine tests.
Most Popular Stories
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- That Handicapping Show: Rebel Stakes
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- LTBA Announces 2013 Champions
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel