The Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association will hold its 2013 summer sale on Tuesday, Aug. 20, two weeks earlier than its past traditional Labor Day date.
Joe Pirone, one of the most recognized figures in Washington horse racing and breeding, died Jan. 10 after a brief illness at the age of 64.
The Washington Racing Hall of Fame has announced 20 finalists in five categories eligible to win the state's highest honor in Thoroughbred racing for 2013.
Noosa Beach was honored as the 2011 Washington Horse of the Year and a champion in two other divisions at the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association awards banquet
A Candy Ride colt brought the top price of $105,000 Sept. 6 during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's summer yearling sale.
Dr. John Traber and Murdock MacPherson were among the honorees during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's awards and 2010 Washington champions banquet Feb. 19 at Emerald Downs.
Todd and Shawn Hansen purchased English Channel yearling filly for $80,000 from Griffin Place, agent.
The Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association is combining its annual summer yearling sale with its former December mixed sale to create a one-day WTBOA summer yearling and mixed sale event this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Untapable to Face Males in Haskell
- First Starter Wins for Indiana Sire Dr Large
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 414 Bedford Land
- Sentient Jet Returns as Breeders' Cup Sponsor
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- Los Alamitos Meet Handles $5 Million a Day
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title