The umbrella group for regulators in North America is examining a new approach to out-of-competition testing that would not only target blood doping and gene doping, but also identify horses at risk of catastrophic injury.
The president of the Association of Racing Commissioners International is calling upon the Olympic Games to release the names of athletes who will be performing in London with performing-enhancing drugs in their systems.
The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium is developing a five-prong plan to implement equine drug-testing standards similar to those used by the World Anti-Doping Agency.
Most Popular Stories
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Greyhound 'Cessation' Bill Sends a Warning