Behrens and Lemon Drop Kid have faced off in each of their last two starts, and the two will meet again Saturday in the $500,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Due to a minor injury to his left front leg, Richard Cohen's Running Stag is now considered unlikely for the $500,000 Woodward (gr. I), according to assistant trainer Roger Teal. Meanwhile, Pacific Classic (gr. I) winner Skimming will ship to Belmont Park on Tuesday ahead of the Sept. 16th race.
Lemon Drop Kid continued preparing for the $500,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I), completing a six-furlong drill over the main track in 1:13 1/5, handily, at Saratoga on Thursday. At Del Mar, Early Pioneer worked a mile in 1:39 2/5, handily.
Most Popular Stories
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount