Behrens and Lemon Drop Kid have faced off in each of their last two starts, and the two will meet again Saturday in the $500,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Due to a minor injury to his left front leg, Richard Cohen's Running Stag is now considered unlikely for the $500,000 Woodward (gr. I), according to assistant trainer Roger Teal. Meanwhile, Pacific Classic (gr. I) winner Skimming will ship to Belmont Park on Tuesday ahead of the Sept. 16th race.
Lemon Drop Kid continued preparing for the $500,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I), completing a six-furlong drill over the main track in 1:13 1/5, handily, at Saratoga on Thursday. At Del Mar, Early Pioneer worked a mile in 1:39 2/5, handily.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014