Led by $250,000 colts by Candy Ride and Street Boss, Fasig-Tipton's October sale saw average price strengthen at its second session, but many consignors lament polarization, lack of mid-level buyers in 2015 yearling market.
Rock Fall earned his fifth straight victory and first graded stakes win June 5, taking the $250,000 True North Stakes (gr. II) by 3 3/4 lengths at Belmont Park.
Keeneland's September yearling sale Sept. 8-21 is widely expected to maintain recent momentum in the Thoroughbred market with good balance between supply and demand.
Keeneland's September yearling sale ended Saturday with strong gains over last year that justified pre-sale optimism and signaled that commercial Thoroughbred breeding has regained solid financial footing.
- By Ron Mitchell
Peter O'Callaghan of Woods Edge talks about the $1.4 million Galileo yearling. Watch Video
Peter O'Callaghan of Woods Edge talks about $1.4 million Galileo yearling.
A flashy Unbridled's Song filly became the highest-priced horse sold so far at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale when she brought $210,000 during the lunch hour of the auction's second session Oct. 25.
Latent Heat, a grade I winner, sired his first winner when his daughter Starship Flash won at Calder Race Course,
Alexander Tango, winner of the Garden City Stakes (gr. IT) at Belmont Park in September, died in a freak accident Oct. 30.
Baptize hasn't seen a patch of grass from Texas to New York he doesn't like. The 3-year-old took his winning ways to Saratoga and a late surge put him in the winner's circle Monday after the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Handicap (gr. IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby