Waupaca completed a weekend stakes sweep for trainer Donnie K. Von Hemel by wiring the field in the $75,000 Woodchopper Handicap Saturday at Fair Grounds.
Skate Away and his trainer Jeff Trosclair kept their perfect record at Fair Grounds intact by winning Saturday's $100,000 Woodchopper Handicap.
Thirteen 3-year-olds get one final chance to run against horses their own age Saturday in the $100,000 Woodchopper Handicap at Fair Grounds. The Woodchopper will be contested at the distance of about 1 1/16 miles on turf.
Fan Club's Mister returned from a three-month layoff to win the $100,000 Woodchopper Handicap at Fair Grounds Saturday. Under Craig Perret, Fan's Club Mister completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:44.09 on firm turf.
Like its filly counterpart last weekend, the $100,000 Woodchopper Handicap had horsemen pounding down the racing office Thursday as Saturday's feature race drew a full field of 14 with two exclusions. Fan Club's Mister drew post 14 and will run as the 120-pound highweight under Craig Perret.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Golden Ray First Winner for American Lion
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah
- Blazing Speed to Try for Repeat in Hong Kong
- New York Dinner Benefits Grayson-Jockey Club
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Palm Meadows to Remain Open For Summer
- Hail Hooper, Hyperion