The Hong Kong Jockey Club has announced that Cathay Pacific Airlines has inked a three-year deal to sponsor the Hong Kong International Races. Starting this year, series of races will be known as the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club and the Japan Racing Association have a similar problem -- their handle is dropping. In an attempt to solve the problem, the two racing authorities announced on Sept. 17 a joint 'Good Neighbor Policy.'
Total handle dropped 4% and attendance declined 13% for the 2001-02 Hong Kong racing season that ended June 16.
The board of stewards of the Hong Kong Jockey Club suspended the licenses of jockeys John Egan and Robert Fradd Saturday in the wake of the Independent Commission Against Corruption's investigation into possible race fixing. Four Jockey Club employees have also been suspended from their duties.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij the X Factor in Kentucky Derby
- Hall of Fame Jockey Turcotte Out of Hospital
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Efforts Continue to Identify At-Risk Horses
- 'Quisqueyano' Aims for Graded Win in TX Mile
- Median Rises at OBS Spring Sale Opener
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Motion to Send out Kitten's Point in Bewitch
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington