The Hong Kong Jockey Club has announced that Cathay Pacific Airlines has inked a three-year deal to sponsor the Hong Kong International Races. Starting this year, series of races will be known as the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club and the Japan Racing Association have a similar problem -- their handle is dropping. In an attempt to solve the problem, the two racing authorities announced on Sept. 17 a joint 'Good Neighbor Policy.'
Total handle dropped 4% and attendance declined 13% for the 2001-02 Hong Kong racing season that ended June 16.
The board of stewards of the Hong Kong Jockey Club suspended the licenses of jockeys John Egan and Robert Fradd Saturday in the wake of the Independent Commission Against Corruption's investigation into possible race fixing. Four Jockey Club employees have also been suspended from their duties.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Paulassilverlining Tops Honorable Miss Handicap
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa