The Hong Kong Jockey Club has announced that Cathay Pacific Airlines has inked a three-year deal to sponsor the Hong Kong International Races. Starting this year, series of races will be known as the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club and the Japan Racing Association have a similar problem -- their handle is dropping. In an attempt to solve the problem, the two racing authorities announced on Sept. 17 a joint 'Good Neighbor Policy.'
Total handle dropped 4% and attendance declined 13% for the 2001-02 Hong Kong racing season that ended June 16.
The board of stewards of the Hong Kong Jockey Club suspended the licenses of jockeys John Egan and Robert Fradd Saturday in the wake of the Independent Commission Against Corruption's investigation into possible race fixing. Four Jockey Club employees have also been suspended from their duties.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Revolutionary Equine Waste Recycling System
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31