The Hong Kong Jockey Club has announced that Cathay Pacific Airlines has inked a three-year deal to sponsor the Hong Kong International Races. Starting this year, series of races will be known as the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club and the Japan Racing Association have a similar problem -- their handle is dropping. In an attempt to solve the problem, the two racing authorities announced on Sept. 17 a joint 'Good Neighbor Policy.'
Total handle dropped 4% and attendance declined 13% for the 2001-02 Hong Kong racing season that ended June 16.
The board of stewards of the Hong Kong Jockey Club suspended the licenses of jockeys John Egan and Robert Fradd Saturday in the wake of the Independent Commission Against Corruption's investigation into possible race fixing. Four Jockey Club employees have also been suspended from their duties.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin