Due to an impending winter storm, Aqueduct Racetrack in New York and Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course in Pennsylvania have canceled live racing cards.
Turfway Park in Kentucky, Charles Town Races & Slots in West Virginia, and Philadelphia Park Casino & Racetrack in Pennsylvania canceled live racing for Feb. 7.
Eastern racetracks are canceling live racing programs in advance of a massive winter storm expected to dump up more than two feet of snow on parts of the Mid-Atlantic region.
A broad winter storm and cold temperatures forced the cancellation of live racing in the East and Midwest Jan. 30.
A winter storm that has spanned half the country has led to cancellation of live racing and full-card simulcast programs at various tracks.
For the second day in a row Sunday, a powerful winter storm in the eastern portion of the country forced cancellation of live racing at Aqueduct, Laurel Park and Turfway Park.
- By Tom LaMarra
Turfway Park canceled its seventh straight racing program Feb. 21, and the forecast for the weekend indicated the weather may continue to be unkind to the Northern Kentucky racetrack. Meanwhile, the track said it plans to add Monday racing in March to make up for lost days.
Winter weather and the lingering effects of an ice storm in Kentucky forced Turfway Park to cancel its fifth consecutive program Feb. 19. Overall, the Northern Kentucky track has lost seven programs since Jan. 1.
- By Nick Hahn
While many Virginia horsemen were digging out from the President's Day weekend snowstorm, a bill to rework the Virginia Racing Act cleared the floor of the House of Delegates by a 54-42 vote.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby
- First Winner for Empire Way