Wildcat Red was honored as the 2014 Florida-bred Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old colt at the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association annual awards banquet and gala March 16.
Though relatively early on the Derby trail, it's unlikely there will be another two-way duel as good as the one in the Besilu Stables Fountain of Youth (gr. II), won by Wildcat Red over General a Rod Feb. 22 at Gulfstream.
Honors Stable Corporation's Wildcat Red turned in a sparkling performance Feb. 1 at Gulfstream Park, taking the $200,000 Hutcheson Stakes (gr. III) over eight other 3-year-olds in dominant fashion.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint