Thirty-seven stakes winners, including Cigar Mile (gr. I) champ Lion Tamer, were among the 48 horses entered for Monday's seventh annual Lone Star Million at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Lone Star Park returns to a spring-only Thoroughbred meeting in 2005 with a 67-date season from April 14-July 17, featuring 37 stakes races totaling $4.075-million.
Cole Norman earned his third stakes win of the day and swept both graded stakes events on the Lone Star Million program when Eagle Lake wired the field in Monday's $300,000 WinStar Distaff (gr. III).
Bien Nicole, the locally-based winner of the Oaklawn Breeders' Cup, will defend the home turf in the $200,000 WinStar Distaff (gr. IIIT) at one mile on the Lone Star Park grass course.
Trainer Bob Baffert and jockey Pat Day will try capturing the marquee event on Texas' richest day of racing Monday with grade I winner Congaree.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup