Thirty-seven stakes winners, including Cigar Mile (gr. I) champ Lion Tamer, were among the 48 horses entered for Monday's seventh annual Lone Star Million at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Lone Star Park returns to a spring-only Thoroughbred meeting in 2005 with a 67-date season from April 14-July 17, featuring 37 stakes races totaling $4.075-million.
Cole Norman earned his third stakes win of the day and swept both graded stakes events on the Lone Star Million program when Eagle Lake wired the field in Monday's $300,000 WinStar Distaff (gr. III).
Bien Nicole, the locally-based winner of the Oaklawn Breeders' Cup, will defend the home turf in the $200,000 WinStar Distaff (gr. IIIT) at one mile on the Lone Star Park grass course.
Trainer Bob Baffert and jockey Pat Day will try capturing the marquee event on Texas' richest day of racing Monday with grade I winner Congaree.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training