Trainer Bob Baffert and owners Gary and Mary West had nothing to apologize for after favored Guilt Trip gave them their second grade II win of the afternoon in the $200,000 Strub Stakes Feb. 2 at Santa Anita Park.
Cousin Gigi, the highest price in the field at odds of 25-1, reeled in pacesetter Crystal Sea, then held Quidnaskra at bay in deep stretch to win Sunday's $100,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 1/2 lengths at Monmouth Park. Cousin Gigi returned $52, $17.80, and $6.60 and led a $305 exacta.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Maryland-Based Owner Arnold Heft Dies at 94
- New York Owner/Breeder Bomze Dies at 76