Trainer Bob Baffert and owners Gary and Mary West had nothing to apologize for after favored Guilt Trip gave them their second grade II win of the afternoon in the $200,000 Strub Stakes Feb. 2 at Santa Anita Park.
Cousin Gigi, the highest price in the field at odds of 25-1, reeled in pacesetter Crystal Sea, then held Quidnaskra at bay in deep stretch to win Sunday's $100,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 1/2 lengths at Monmouth Park. Cousin Gigi returned $52, $17.80, and $6.60 and led a $305 exacta.
Most Popular Stories
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- BC Nomination Discount for HRA Ends July 15
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified
- F-T Summer Sale Adds Stakes-Winning Fillies
- Owner/Breeder Lindh Dies at 84
- USDA Officials Address American Horse Council
- TOBA Names Top Owners, Breeders for 2014