Trainer Bob Baffert and owners Gary and Mary West had nothing to apologize for after favored Guilt Trip gave them their second grade II win of the afternoon in the $200,000 Strub Stakes Feb. 2 at Santa Anita Park.
Cousin Gigi, the highest price in the field at odds of 25-1, reeled in pacesetter Crystal Sea, then held Quidnaskra at bay in deep stretch to win Sunday's $100,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 1/2 lengths at Monmouth Park. Cousin Gigi returned $52, $17.80, and $6.60 and led a $305 exacta.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze