Eclipse winner and California-bred Horse of the Year Acclamation has been retired and will stand the 2013 breeding season at Old English Rancho in Sanger, Calif. for a $20,000 fee.
Champion Acclamation ran his winning streak to seven en route to his second straight triumph in the $300,000 Eddie Read Stakes (gr. IT), drawing away in the stretch after setting the pace on the Del Mar turf July 21.
Odds-on choice Acclamation continued his dominance over the Southern California turf division when he held off a determined Champ Pegasus in the $150,000 Clement L. Hirsch Turf Championship (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Oct. 2.
Acclamation, with a patented front-running ride from veteran jockey Patrick Valenzuela, held off favored Twirling Candy in the final furlong to win the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) by a head at Del Mar Aug. 28.
Acclamation made it consecutive grade I wins when he milked a soft pace and kicked away on the final turn en route to a 3 1/4-length victory in the $300,000 Eddie Read Stakes (gr. IT) on the turf at Del Mar July 23.
Front-running Acclamation ran away from the field in the Hollywood Park stretch to register a repeat victory as the odds-on favorite in the $250,000 Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap (gr. IT) June 11.
Acclamation rode a lone front-running trip to his first grade I victory when he captured the $250,000 Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap (gr. IT) on the Hollywood Park turf June 5.
Acclamation earned his first graded stakes win and snapped an 11-race losing streak when he dominated his rivals in the $150,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) in a 14-1 upset on the Hollywood Park turf May 15.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- CHRB Rejects Proposed Decision on Valenzuela
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Ballerina Next for La Verdad