Windy Hill Farm's Smarty's Echo worked a half-mile in company Jan. 12 in preparation for the upcoming Lecomte Stakes (gr. III) at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, centerpiece event of the "Road to the Derby Kickoff Day."
Windy Hill Farm's Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) runner-up Smarty's Echo was in action Oct. 19 at Keeneland, tuning up for a start in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Multiple graded stakes winner Nates Mineshaft, winner of a one-mile July 27 allowance at Arlington Park, had his first work since that tally on the morning of Aug. 4.
Multiple graded stakes winner Nates Mineshaft highlights the lineup for this year's $150,000 Hanshin Cup (gr. III) at Arlington Park May 25, making his first appearance for owner Windy Hill Farm in more than 11 months.
Grade II winner Nates Mineshaft will not run in the $500,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup (gr. II), Hawthorne general manager Jim Miller confirmed Oct. 6.
Windy Hill Farm's Nate Mineshaft got back on the winning track with an easy front-end victory in the $300,000 Lone Star Handicap (gr. III) at Lone Star Park May 28.
Front-running Nates Mineshaft took all of the drama out of the $396,000 New Orleans Handicap (gr. II) April 1 at Fair Grounds, running away from the field at odds of 9-1 while setting a track record in the process.
Nates Mineshaft led all the way in the $120,000 Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III) for his first stakes victory in a race marred by the breakdown of favorite Thiskyhasnolimit Feb. 25 at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby
- Blue Horse Charities Merging Efforts with TAA
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty