The board of stewards of The Jockey Club of Canada has appointed Jeffrey Begg to the position of chief steward.
Owner Paul Reddam and trainer Doug O'Neill take their shot with 15-1 hopeful Concave in the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
Concave moved to the head of the Southern California juvenile filly division for Reddam Racing and trainer Doug O'Neill with a game half-length victory over She's a Tiger in the $150,000 Sorrento Stakes Aug. 7 at Del Mar.
Trainer Bob Baffert scratched two of his three entrants in the Pat O'Brien Stakes (gr. I) at Del Mar Aug. 28, but the only one he needed was El Brujo, who went gate-to-wire to give Baffert his second grade I win of the day.
Windways Farm's El Brujo notched his second straight graded stakes score when he split horses in mid-stretch and went on for a 1 1/4-length win in the $150,000 Perryville (gr. III) for 3-year-olds Oct. 17 at Keeneland.
Charming Ruckus saved her best for last, as the 3-year-old daughter of Silver Charm captured her first added-money race in late-running fashion Sunday in the $169,250 Jammed Lovely Stakes at windy Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Entrepreneurs Wanted at Arizona Symposium
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Longform: Undercover Advocates
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided