Fasliyev, European champion 2-year-old and sire of five champions and 32 graded stakes winners, died July 8 at Yushun Stallion Company in Japan. He was 16.
The first reported foal by grade I winner Cowboy Cal is a filly born Jan. 2.
Gardens Glen Farm in Lexington has been purchased by an entity affiliated with Scott T. Archer and David S. Coia Jr. and will be renamed Elkhorn Creek Farm, it was announced Oct. 10. The property will be managed by the owners of Winchester Farm, which is adjacent to the 220-acre property, according to a Winchester Farm news release.
Dr. Naoya and Marie Yoshida, owners of Winchester Farm, have purchased the 268-acre Indian Hill Farm, broodmare division of Eaton Farms near Lexington, Ky.
The first reported foals by international champion Johannesburg and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Red Bullet were born the beginning of January.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park