Fasliyev, European champion 2-year-old and sire of five champions and 32 graded stakes winners, died July 8 at Yushun Stallion Company in Japan. He was 16.
The first reported foal by grade I winner Cowboy Cal is a filly born Jan. 2.
Gardens Glen Farm in Lexington has been purchased by an entity affiliated with Scott T. Archer and David S. Coia Jr. and will be renamed Elkhorn Creek Farm, it was announced Oct. 10. The property will be managed by the owners of Winchester Farm, which is adjacent to the 220-acre property, according to a Winchester Farm news release.
Dr. Naoya and Marie Yoshida, owners of Winchester Farm, have purchased the 268-acre Indian Hill Farm, broodmare division of Eaton Farms near Lexington, Ky.
The first reported foals by international champion Johannesburg and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Red Bullet were born the beginning of January.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast and Accurate Works Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Kitasan Black Dominates in Tenno Sho
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work