World Approval nabbed pacesetter Nun the Less with an eighth of a mile to run and fended off menacing Crittenden for a narrow win in the $100,000 American Derby (gr. III) July 11 at Arlington International Racecourse.
Za Approval ran to his recent form and easily captured the $200,000 Knickerbocker Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park Oct. 12, coming off recent runner-up efforts behind Wise Dan and Obviously.
With a well-timed ride from Joe Bravo, favored Za Approval caught outsider Tune Me In in the final yards to capture the $111,000 Red Bank Stakes (gr. III) on the turf May 18 at Monmouth Park.
Favored Za Approval took advantage of a hot pace to rally for his first career stakes victory in the $100,000 Appleton (gr. III) March 30 at Gulfstream Park.
Eclipse winner and Florida-bred Horse of the Year Miesque's Approval has been sold to Kwazulu Natal Breeders Club and Scott Bros Highdown Stud from South Africa, it was announced by Live Oak Stud's general manager, John Rasmussen.
Reigning Eclipse Champion Male Turf horse Miesque's Approval was named 2006 Florida-bred Horse of the Year -- while also being honored as Florida-bred champion as older male, grass horse, and sprinter -- at the Florida TBOA awards banquet Sunday evening in Ocala.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes
- Carina Mia Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer