A colt by elite dual hemisphere sire More Than Ready sold for the highest price of $600,000 ($539,460 in United States funds) on the fourth day of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 11 in Queensland.
Asmahan, who is in foal to Magic Albert, brought the top price of Aust$200,000 ($207,262 in U.S. funds) on the second day of the William Inglis & Son Easter broodmare sale in Australia April 18.
A daughter of More Than Ready was the most expensive horse sold during the second session of the Magic Millions national yearling sale, commanding Aust$190,000 ($203,509 in U.S. funds) June 6 in Australia.
The select portion of the sale, which ended its two-day run June 7, generated a gross that was up 88.9% from a year ago and an average price that increased 62.7%.
New Zealand champion Princess Coup brought a Magic Millions record price of Aust$3 million (approximately $2,453,346 in U.S. funds) June 4 during the opening session of the national broodmare sale on Australia's Gold Coast. New South Wales bloodstock agent Tony Bott was the buyer, outlasting a New Zealand-based group.
Patinack Farm bought 19 yearlings during the Magic Millions sale's third session.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West at Barretts
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely