A colt by elite dual hemisphere sire More Than Ready sold for the highest price of $600,000 ($539,460 in United States funds) on the fourth day of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 11 in Queensland.
Asmahan, who is in foal to Magic Albert, brought the top price of Aust$200,000 ($207,262 in U.S. funds) on the second day of the William Inglis & Son Easter broodmare sale in Australia April 18.
A daughter of More Than Ready was the most expensive horse sold during the second session of the Magic Millions national yearling sale, commanding Aust$190,000 ($203,509 in U.S. funds) June 6 in Australia.
The select portion of the sale, which ended its two-day run June 7, generated a gross that was up 88.9% from a year ago and an average price that increased 62.7%.
New Zealand champion Princess Coup brought a Magic Millions record price of Aust$3 million (approximately $2,453,346 in U.S. funds) June 4 during the opening session of the national broodmare sale on Australia's Gold Coast. New South Wales bloodstock agent Tony Bott was the buyer, outlasting a New Zealand-based group.
Patinack Farm bought 19 yearlings during the Magic Millions sale's third session.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Starspangledbanner to Return to Coolmore