A three-year study of the short-term and long-tem health consequences for professional jockeys is underway in Great Britain.
Chriselliam, winner of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) and a finalist for an Eclipse Award, was euthanized Feb. 7 in Newmarket, England, as a result of a foot infection, according to Racing Post.
Chriselliam powered home a clear winner of the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park Nov. 1, proving her form off a Sept. 27 score in the Shadwell Fillies Mile (Eng-I).
Chriselliam charged past favorite Rizeena with a torrid outside rally from the back of the field and won the Shadwell Fillies' Mile (Eng-I) in a 28-1 upset Sept. 27 at Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa