A three-year study of the short-term and long-tem health consequences for professional jockeys is underway in Great Britain.
Chriselliam, winner of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) and a finalist for an Eclipse Award, was euthanized Feb. 7 in Newmarket, England, as a result of a foot infection, according to Racing Post.
Chriselliam powered home a clear winner of the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park Nov. 1, proving her form off a Sept. 27 score in the Shadwell Fillies Mile (Eng-I).
Chriselliam charged past favorite Rizeena with a torrid outside rally from the back of the field and won the Shadwell Fillies' Mile (Eng-I) in a 28-1 upset Sept. 27 at Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Creative Cause Filly's Sale Emotional for Koch
- Battle of Midway Logs Final Work for Kentucky Derby
- Unbridled Unleashed