A three-year study of the short-term and long-tem health consequences for professional jockeys is underway in Great Britain.
Chriselliam, winner of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) and a finalist for an Eclipse Award, was euthanized Feb. 7 in Newmarket, England, as a result of a foot infection, according to Racing Post.
Chriselliam powered home a clear winner of the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park Nov. 1, proving her form off a Sept. 27 score in the Shadwell Fillies Mile (Eng-I).
Chriselliam charged past favorite Rizeena with a torrid outside rally from the back of the field and won the Shadwell Fillies' Mile (Eng-I) in a 28-1 upset Sept. 27 at Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Date Set for 2017 Maryland Million Day
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- 'Free Fridays' at National Museum of Racing
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win