A three-year study of the short-term and long-tem health consequences for professional jockeys is underway in Great Britain.
Chriselliam, winner of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) and a finalist for an Eclipse Award, was euthanized Feb. 7 in Newmarket, England, as a result of a foot infection, according to Racing Post.
Chriselliam powered home a clear winner of the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park Nov. 1, proving her form off a Sept. 27 score in the Shadwell Fillies Mile (Eng-I).
Chriselliam charged past favorite Rizeena with a torrid outside rally from the back of the field and won the Shadwell Fillies' Mile (Eng-I) in a 28-1 upset Sept. 27 at Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Grade 3 Winner Chitu Sires First Foal
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly