Leading sire and grade I winner Storm Cat was euthanized April 24 at the Young family's Overbrook Farm near Lexington due to complications from infirmities of old age.
There were plenty of quips and comments from trainers and connections with Kentucky Derby (gr. I) hopefuls Tuesday night at the annual Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders trainers' dinner in Louisville.
The burial of prominent Thoroughbred owner-breeder William T. Young will be conducted in private, with no visitation planned. Young, who parlayed his business acumen into success with Overbrook Farm, died Monday at age 85.
On Wednesday Keeneland's board of directors voted to support a national drug policy and elected three individuals to new positions.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Churchill Downs Stock Price Soars
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Zayas Recovering From Surgery After Spill
- Stallion Mr. Big Moves to California
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Management Changes at Fair Grounds
- Delaware Park Battles With Regional Pressures
- Delaware Jockey Facing Charges After Shooting