The Jockey Club announced Aug. 20 it has elected six new members: Ian G. Banwell, Everett R. Dobson, Helen Groves, Roy Jackson, William Shively, and Frank Stronach.
William Shively's Dixiana Farm of Lexington has become the signature sponsor of two turf stakes at Keeneland Racecourse -- the Elkhorn (gr. IIT) that will be run April 25 and the Oct. 5 Bourbon (gr. IIIT).
The colt was born at William Shively's Dixiana Farm and is out of Shively's stakes winner Gleaming.
The real estate market has been busy in Central Kentucky, starting in November when the successful Keeneland sales brought lookers to the area. Some of the farms which changed hands already have ties to the Thoroughbred industry, while a Versailles landmark could soon be linked to horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs