Finally finding room outside, Hessonite accelerated late to win the Beaugay Stakes (gr. III) by three-quarters of a length May 4 at Belmont Park.
Eleven-year-old Ordway, who stood at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., was consigned by the farm as agent to the Keeneland January sale, where he was bought by Rick Nord's Nord Thoroughbreds for $47,000 on behalf of Jose Carro.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- New York Discusses Rules on Race-Day Lasix
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Date Set for 2017 Maryland Million Day
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop