Finally finding room outside, Hessonite accelerated late to win the Beaugay Stakes (gr. III) by three-quarters of a length May 4 at Belmont Park.
Eleven-year-old Ordway, who stood at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., was consigned by the farm as agent to the Keeneland January sale, where he was bought by Rick Nord's Nord Thoroughbreds for $47,000 on behalf of Jose Carro.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- Ontario-Sired Bonuses to Continue for 2017-18