Finally finding room outside, Hessonite accelerated late to win the Beaugay Stakes (gr. III) by three-quarters of a length May 4 at Belmont Park.
Eleven-year-old Ordway, who stood at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., was consigned by the farm as agent to the Keeneland January sale, where he was bought by Rick Nord's Nord Thoroughbreds for $47,000 on behalf of Jose Carro.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- Elektrum Surges at Wire to Win Dowager
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- Curalina, Syndergaard Breeze at Belmont