Finally finding room outside, Hessonite accelerated late to win the Beaugay Stakes (gr. III) by three-quarters of a length May 4 at Belmont Park.
Eleven-year-old Ordway, who stood at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., was consigned by the farm as agent to the Keeneland January sale, where he was bought by Rick Nord's Nord Thoroughbreds for $47,000 on behalf of Jose Carro.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate
- Purely a Dream Leads Bourbonette Exacta for McPeek