Garden Secrets, the dam of Acorn Stakes (gr. I) winner Forest Secrets and a half sister to Hall of Famer Silverbulletday, was euthanized July 22 at Glenary Farm near Frankfort, Ky.
Phola rallied from well off the pace to win the Churchill Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIT) on Derby day. The 4-year-old filly by Johannesburg covered the mile over a yielding course in 1:38.35.
Entering the $200,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT), Rumor Has It had not hit the winner's circle since Nov. 5, 2005. The 7-year-old gelding was 0-for-10 during that span, which was why he was sent off at odds of 59-1 Sept. 13 before romping to a 3 3/4-length victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Madden Gets Birthday Win at Saratoga
- The Gurkha Edges Galileo Gold in Sussex
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Unified's Connections Eye King's Bishop
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy