Noted Mid-Atlantic-based owner-breeder William R. Harris died Nov. 8 at his home in Mineral, Va., according to trainer Chris Grove. He was 90 years old.
Scott Edward Ricker of Sunny Oaks Farm near Paris, Ky., died of cancer at the age of 59. Among the many Thoroughbreds foaled and raised at Sunny Oak was 1997 champion 2-year-old filly Countess Diana.
Greenspring made it a perfect 3-for-3 at Laurel Park, as he came from just off the pace and collared Digger in mid-stretch to take the $150,000 General George Handicap (gr. II) in track record time Feb. 15
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- White Beauty Lineage
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience