Elizabeth Wester has been promoted to vice president of government relations for Churchill Downs Inc., and will be responsible for the development and implementation of the company's political and legislative strategies.
As part of agreement to have The Stronach Group take over racing operations at Calder Casino & Race Course, CDI announced May 28 that it will walk away from its involvement in HRTV as TSG will become sole owner.
Former Keeneland Association president Nick Nicholson will talk about promoting international competition as well as industry challenges as the keynote speaker at the International Conference of Horseracing Authorities.
Former General Electric executive William Carstanjen has been hired as the new general counsel and chief development officer for Churchill Downs Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees