Elizabeth Wester has been promoted to vice president of government relations for Churchill Downs Inc., and will be responsible for the development and implementation of the company's political and legislative strategies.
As part of agreement to have The Stronach Group take over racing operations at Calder Casino & Race Course, CDI announced May 28 that it will walk away from its involvement in HRTV as TSG will become sole owner.
Former Keeneland Association president Nick Nicholson will talk about promoting international competition as well as industry challenges as the keynote speaker at the International Conference of Horseracing Authorities.
Former General Electric executive William Carstanjen has been hired as the new general counsel and chief development officer for Churchill Downs Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Zenyatta Bottle to Benefit Old Friends
- 375 Yearlings Cataloged for Arqana Sale