Elizabeth Wester has been promoted to vice president of government relations for Churchill Downs Inc., and will be responsible for the development and implementation of the company's political and legislative strategies.
As part of agreement to have The Stronach Group take over racing operations at Calder Casino & Race Course, CDI announced May 28 that it will walk away from its involvement in HRTV as TSG will become sole owner.
Former Keeneland Association president Nick Nicholson will talk about promoting international competition as well as industry challenges as the keynote speaker at the International Conference of Horseracing Authorities.
Former General Electric executive William Carstanjen has been hired as the new general counsel and chief development officer for Churchill Downs Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Date Set for 2017 Maryland Million Day
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- 'Free Fridays' at National Museum of Racing
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win