Elizabeth Wester has been promoted to vice president of government relations for Churchill Downs Inc., and will be responsible for the development and implementation of the company's political and legislative strategies.
As part of agreement to have The Stronach Group take over racing operations at Calder Casino & Race Course, CDI announced May 28 that it will walk away from its involvement in HRTV as TSG will become sole owner.
Former Keeneland Association president Nick Nicholson will talk about promoting international competition as well as industry challenges as the keynote speaker at the International Conference of Horseracing Authorities.
Former General Electric executive William Carstanjen has been hired as the new general counsel and chief development officer for Churchill Downs Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Bolo Back Home at Santa Anita for Thunder Road
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends