William Backer's homebred filly Blind Date came from off the pace to take a short advantage in mid-stretch, then narrowly outdueled Shared Account to win the $150,000 Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT) by a head July 18 at Colonial Downs.
The Jockey Club today announced the election of seven new members: William Backer, Robert McNair, Nick Nicholson, Mace Siegel, Stella Thayer, Frank "Scoop" Vessels III, and William T. Young, Jr.
William Backer's Pillow Talk, who ran seventh in the tough Lake George (gr. III) at Saratoga on July 29, will get another shot at facing stakes company when she meets twelve other 3-year-old fillies in the competitive $100,000 Christiana Stakes at Delaware Park on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate