Longtime Ocala horseman Will Johnson has been tabbed as the new stallion manager at John Sykes' CloverLeaf Farms II.
Central Florida real-estate developer Glenn Lane of First American International has a contract to purchase Franks Farm/ Southland Division, owned by the estate of the late John Franks, who died Dec. 31.
Though Florida has been hardest hit by West Nile vVrus this year, the number of confirmed cases in Marion County, home to Ocala and many horse farms, isn't out of line with the rest of the state, according to data registered through Oct. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91