Longtime Ocala horseman Will Johnson has been tabbed as the new stallion manager at John Sykes' CloverLeaf Farms II.
Central Florida real-estate developer Glenn Lane of First American International has a contract to purchase Franks Farm/ Southland Division, owned by the estate of the late John Franks, who died Dec. 31.
Though Florida has been hardest hit by West Nile vVrus this year, the number of confirmed cases in Marion County, home to Ocala and many horse farms, isn't out of line with the rest of the state, according to data registered through Oct. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work