Longtime Ocala horseman Will Johnson has been tabbed as the new stallion manager at John Sykes' CloverLeaf Farms II.
Central Florida real-estate developer Glenn Lane of First American International has a contract to purchase Franks Farm/ Southland Division, owned by the estate of the late John Franks, who died Dec. 31.
Though Florida has been hardest hit by West Nile vVrus this year, the number of confirmed cases in Marion County, home to Ocala and many horse farms, isn't out of line with the rest of the state, according to data registered through Oct. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego