Longtime Ocala horseman Will Johnson has been tabbed as the new stallion manager at John Sykes' CloverLeaf Farms II.
Central Florida real-estate developer Glenn Lane of First American International has a contract to purchase Franks Farm/ Southland Division, owned by the estate of the late John Franks, who died Dec. 31.
Though Florida has been hardest hit by West Nile vVrus this year, the number of confirmed cases in Marion County, home to Ocala and many horse farms, isn't out of line with the rest of the state, according to data registered through Oct. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win