Longtime Ocala horseman Will Johnson has been tabbed as the new stallion manager at John Sykes' CloverLeaf Farms II.
Central Florida real-estate developer Glenn Lane of First American International has a contract to purchase Franks Farm/ Southland Division, owned by the estate of the late John Franks, who died Dec. 31.
Though Florida has been hardest hit by West Nile vVrus this year, the number of confirmed cases in Marion County, home to Ocala and many horse farms, isn't out of line with the rest of the state, according to data registered through Oct. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup