Longtime Ocala horseman Will Johnson has been tabbed as the new stallion manager at John Sykes' CloverLeaf Farms II.
Central Florida real-estate developer Glenn Lane of First American International has a contract to purchase Franks Farm/ Southland Division, owned by the estate of the late John Franks, who died Dec. 31.
Though Florida has been hardest hit by West Nile vVrus this year, the number of confirmed cases in Marion County, home to Ocala and many horse farms, isn't out of line with the rest of the state, according to data registered through Oct. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder in Hirsch
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win