Historical wagering at the Red Mile in Lexington, conducted in partnership with Keeneland, enjoyed a fast start in its initial months of operation in 2015.
A spokesman for Churchill Downs said the track is gathering facts and conducting interviews in an effort to ascertain the circumstances leading to the death of a horse en route to the paddock for schooling May 22.
Although still uncertain if he will run in Kentucky Derby, Pablo Del Monte undergoes inspection by state vet Will Farmer. watch video
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham