The Florida Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse industries Feb. 3 renewed their request for the Florida legislature to clarify state laws on the definition of a horse race and released a study on breeding and racing's impact.
Difficulty in obtaining pari-mutuel wagering pool data and detailed player data is a major hindrance to the racing industry determining the optimal price point for takeout rates, symposium speakers said Dec. 7.
Racetrack gaming has poured money into the pari-mutuel industry but shouldn't be viewed as a savior, panelists said Oct. 4 during the 2011 Global Gaming Exposition in Las Vegas.
A recently released report on wagering trends concludes the "handle up, purses down" situation isn't new, and that "incentive wagering service providers"--rebate operations--improve the competitiveness of the pari-mutuel industry.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Filly First Winner for Twirling Candy
- Top-Quality Catalog for JRHA Select Sale
- Dinerman New Emerald Downs Announcer
- Unbeaten Karpino Romps in German Guineas
- Record Average at MM Weanling Sale
- Gulfstream Starter Bonus Tied to Field Size
- American Pharoah at Churchill Downs May 25
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Sheikh Hamdan: U.S. TC Too Much Pressure