The Florida Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse industries Feb. 3 renewed their request for the Florida legislature to clarify state laws on the definition of a horse race and released a study on breeding and racing's impact.
Difficulty in obtaining pari-mutuel wagering pool data and detailed player data is a major hindrance to the racing industry determining the optimal price point for takeout rates, symposium speakers said Dec. 7.
Racetrack gaming has poured money into the pari-mutuel industry but shouldn't be viewed as a savior, panelists said Oct. 4 during the 2011 Global Gaming Exposition in Las Vegas.
- By Tom LaMarra
A recently released report on wagering trends concludes the "handle up, purses down" situation isn't new, and that "incentive wagering service providers"--rebate operations--improve the competitiveness of the pari-mutuel industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm