The Florida Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse industries Feb. 3 renewed their request for the Florida legislature to clarify state laws on the definition of a horse race and released a study on breeding and racing's impact.
Difficulty in obtaining pari-mutuel wagering pool data and detailed player data is a major hindrance to the racing industry determining the optimal price point for takeout rates, symposium speakers said Dec. 7.
Racetrack gaming has poured money into the pari-mutuel industry but shouldn't be viewed as a savior, panelists said Oct. 4 during the 2011 Global Gaming Exposition in Las Vegas.
- By Tom LaMarra
A recently released report on wagering trends concludes the "handle up, purses down" situation isn't new, and that "incentive wagering service providers"--rebate operations--improve the competitiveness of the pari-mutuel industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass