Favored Vermilion, Japan's champion dirt horse last year, dominated the field in his debut for 2008 with a 1 3/4-length win in the February Stakes (Jpn-I) at Tokyo racecourse Feb. 24 before a crowd of 53,029.
Trainer Patrick Biancone said Wild Fit is out of consideration for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) May 5 at Churchill Downs due to a lung infection.
Young stallion Wild Wonder, who was gearing up for his first season at Doug Arnold's Buck Pond Farm near Versailles, Ky., died Jan. 25 of an apparent rupture of the aorta at the farm.
Buck Pond Farm announced its 2006 stud fees, which includes a hike for Lost Soldier, the sire of Lost in the Fog, and the setting of fees for several new stallions. The farm, near Versailles, Ky., is owned by Doug Arnold and will be home to a dozen stallions next year.
Wild Wonder, sire of grade I winner Wild Fit and Wednesday's $270,000 session topper at the Keeneland yearling sale, has been purchased by Doug Arnold's Buck Pond Farm for stallion duty at the Versailles, Ky., farm.
Wild Fit, a maiden winner in her debut 13 days ago, quickly became a grade I victor Saturday by overcoming a wide trip under Alex Solis to win the $250,000 Del Mar Debutante.
Front-running Fusaichi Rock Star responded when challenged at the quarter pole and pulled away in the stretch to win the $150,000 San Vicente (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Santa Anita Sunday.
A chestnut filly sired by grade II winner Good and Tough zipped an eighth of a mile in a quick 9 4/5 seconds as she posted the fastest time at the distance during Sunday's Under Tack show for Fasig-Tipton Florida selected sale of 2-year-olds in training that will be held at Calder Race Course on Feb. 24.
First Winners for Menifee, Military, Sea of Secrets, Wild Wonder, Time Bandit
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Itsinthepost Goes Long in Elkhorn Stakes
- Trio Zips On OBS Spring Sale's Final Under Tack Day