Nereid, who finished in a dead heat with Cambina in the American Oaks (gr. IT) last summer, returns to Betfair Hollywood Park for her 4-year-old debut in the $100,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf April 29.
Vamo a Galupiar gave trainer Neil Drysdale his second grade II turf win of the day when she rallied at the middle of the course to win the $150,000 Santa Ana Stakes (gr. IIT) by a half-length at Santa Anita March 25.
A little extra distance could be just what grade I winner Cambina needs when she takes on a well-matched field of older fillies and mares in the $150,000 Santa Ana Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf March 25.
Bettors should have a bonanza with Gulfstream Park's $100,000 Marshua's River Stakes (gr. IIIT) Jan. 9 after 14 older fillies and mares were entered for the 1 1/16-mile turf event.
Aruna remained unbeaten in three starts in the United States, wearing down Wild Mia in the stretch to take the $199,675 Mrs. Revere (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies Nov. 20 on the Churchill Downs turf.
Owner of Journeyman Stud near Ocala, Fla., home of first-crop sire Wildcat Heir who has a record 39 2-year-old winners in his first crop.
Too Many Toyz outfought 7-10 favorite It's a Bird to win the $200,000 Carl G. Rose Classic Handicap in the finale of the $1.2 million Florida Million program at Calder Casino & Race Course Nov. 14. Other big winners included Soldier's Dancer and Sweet Repent.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory