Less than two weeks after celebrating his 74th birthday, legendary Maryland trainer King T. Leatherbury will be at Aqueduct on Saturday with a realistic chance at winning the $300,000 Carter Handicap (gr. I) at Aqueduct, where he sends out the honest Ah Day.
Heavily backed Attila's Storm, carrying high weight of 120 pounds, ended a six-race losing streak when he put away speedy Kelp and outlasted Wild Jam for a 1 1/4-length victory in the $105,100 Toboggan Handicap (gr. III).
Attila's Storm, winless in seven starts since taking the 2005 Fall Highweight Handicap, can wake up when he faces five rivals in Saturday's $100,000-added Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Speedsters Attila's Storm and Bishop Court Hill could determine the outcome in the opening quarter mile of Saturday's $65,000 Paumonok Handicap at Aqueduct.
Ben Mondello and Adam Russo's The Student won the $75,000 Hoover Stakes Sunday at Pimlico to give trainer Scott Lake four winners with as many starters on the 10-race card.
Kazoo turned the $107,400 Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) into a one-horse show Saturday at Aqueduct, going gate to wire under Richard Migliore for a four-length victory.
The quick Bishop Court Hill should be the one to beat in Saturday's $100,000 Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) for sprinters at Aqueduct, but the outcome could be determined early.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win