There was no catching Blueskiesnrainbows Jan. 11 at Santa Anita Park in a frontrunning win in the $200,000 San Pasqual Stakes (gr. II).
California-based Blueskiesnrainbows, who won the grade II Swaps Stakes in the Golden State last time out, will take on eight rivals in the Super Derby at Louisiana Downs.
There weren't a lot of fireworks in the $150,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. II) as Blueskiesnrainbows dictated an even tempo and held on gamely for his first stakes victory in the Independence Day feature at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Lately, Mike Sherack of IEAH Stables and Stan Whisenant of Whizway Farms have been singing the phrases of their 3-year-old filly Amen Hallelujah, and understandably so.
Amen Hallelujah put on a dazzling display in her first start on dirt, leaving favored Bickersons in the dust at the top of the lane and romping home for a 6 1/4-length win in the $150,000 Davona Dale Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 27
In a battle of Eastern invaders down the Santa Anita stretch, Amen Hallelujah overpowered Franny Freud in the final strides to win the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) by three-quarters of a length Jan. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Cuomo Plan Asks New York Racing to Pay for Drug Testing
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing