There was no catching Blueskiesnrainbows Jan. 11 at Santa Anita Park in a frontrunning win in the $200,000 San Pasqual Stakes (gr. II).
California-based Blueskiesnrainbows, who won the grade II Swaps Stakes in the Golden State last time out, will take on eight rivals in the Super Derby at Louisiana Downs.
There weren't a lot of fireworks in the $150,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. II) as Blueskiesnrainbows dictated an even tempo and held on gamely for his first stakes victory in the Independence Day feature at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Lately, Mike Sherack of IEAH Stables and Stan Whisenant of Whizway Farms have been singing the phrases of their 3-year-old filly Amen Hallelujah, and understandably so.
Amen Hallelujah put on a dazzling display in her first start on dirt, leaving favored Bickersons in the dust at the top of the lane and romping home for a 6 1/4-length win in the $150,000 Davona Dale Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 27
In a battle of Eastern invaders down the Santa Anita stretch, Amen Hallelujah overpowered Franny Freud in the final strides to win the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) by three-quarters of a length Jan. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders