Turf writers Jay Hovdey and the late Whitney Tower have been chosen as the National Museum of Racing's Joe Hirsch Media Roll of Honor recipients for 2012.
Whitney Tower, a grade I stakes-placed son of Storm Bird, will stand at Peter and Melony Sacopulos' Green Gables Stud near Terre Haute, Ind.
Stormy Kris, a Whitney Tower filly consigned by Rising Hill Farm, agent, brought $150,000 Monday to top the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2001 spring sale of 2-year-olds in training. John Dolan and Wesley Ward purchased the session topper, who was produced by the Kris S. mare Surely Kris. The filly worked an eighth-mile in :10 2/5, the fastest work at the distance in the sale's first under tack show on April 18.
Stormy Kris, a daughter of Whitney Tower, turned in the fastest eighth-mile work Wednesday during the first under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's April auction of 2-year-olds in training. Consigned by Rising Hill Farm, agent, Stormy Kris covered the distance in 10 :2/5 seconds. The filly was produced from the 11-year-old Kris S mare Surely Kris.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Churchill Downs Stock Price Soars
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Zayas Recovering From Surgery After Spill
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Stallion Mr. Big Moves to California
- First Winner for Giant Surprise
- Delaware Park Battles With Regional Pressures