On the long walk from the Doug O'Neill barn to the track during the mornings at Los Alamitos Race Course, it's no wonder why Passionforfashion draws the attention of anyone with a set of eyes.
Beautiful Devil, a white Thoroughbred bred and owned by Patchen Wilkes Farm, won in her second career start at Belterra Park in Ohio July 4.
So far, no white Thoroughbred has ever become a stakes winner in American, but a breakthrough for these horses of a different color may be only a matter of time.
The White Fox, one of only 17 white Thoroughbreds ever registered, got down and a little dirty at River Downs June 30 and broke through with a maiden win in his second career start.
All Glory to God, a rare white Thoroughbred in training at San Luis Rey Downs in Southern California, will race to benefit the Race Track Chaplaincy of America, according to the colt's owners and RTCA officials.
The White Fox, one of only 17 pure white Thoroughbreds that have ever been registered in the 300 years of recorded Thoroughbred breeding, finished third in his career debut as the 9-10 favorite in Sunday's first race at River Downs.
Patchen Beauty, the rare white Thoroughbred mare who garnered a lot of attention when she competed on the Kentucky circuit in the mid-1990s, produced a white colt on April 5 at Warren Rosenthal's Patchen Wilkes Farm near Lexington, Ky.
At her high desert ranch, Dalene Knight can't help but dream of a white-hot year. That's white like the snow that dusts her Painted Desert Farm near Redmond in eastern Oregon. And white like the Thoroughbreds that run in her fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'