Trainer Bernie Flint and long-time owner Dr. Naveed Chowhan paired to upset the $100,000 Doubledogdare Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland when Brooklynsway held sway over favorite I'm a Chatterbox, who could not get by the determined winner.
Santa Anita Park, Turf Paradise, Sam Houston, Tampa Bay Downs, Hong Kong and More. view slideshow
Lady Sheila Stables' Hot City Girl sped to the lead in the $350,000 Charles Town Oaks (gr. III) and never relented, securing her first graded score in gate-to-wire fashion.
Delightful Joy brought smiles to the faces of her connections in her stakes debut on Saturday, Aug. 22, using a powerful stretch run to score a clear victory in the $100,000 Monmouth Oaks (gr. III) at Monmouth Park.
Seven of the 11 3-year-old fillies for the Aug. 22 Monmouth Oaks (gr. III) come into the race off wins, but the only graded winner in the field -- High Dollar Woman -- drew the outside post in the 1 1/16-mile event.
Brereton Jones' Lovely Maria, winner of the Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) in her previous start, is set to run July 11 in the $300,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Delaware Park.
A report detailing research of early fetal losses due to mare reproductive loss syndrome points to pastures as the suspected source of the syndrome.
On Thursday the press viewed soil and plant testing that is part of the monitoring program created in response to Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Thunderstorm Forces Ellis to Cancel Races