Delightful Joy brought smiles to the faces of her connections in her stakes debut on Saturday, Aug. 22, using a powerful stretch run to score a clear victory in the $100,000 Monmouth Oaks (gr. III) at Monmouth Park.
Seven of the 11 3-year-old fillies for the Aug. 22 Monmouth Oaks (gr. III) come into the race off wins, but the only graded winner in the field -- High Dollar Woman -- drew the outside post in the 1 1/16-mile event.
Brereton Jones' Lovely Maria, winner of the Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) in her previous start, is set to run July 11 in the $300,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Delaware Park.
A report detailing research of early fetal losses due to mare reproductive loss syndrome points to pastures as the suspected source of the syndrome.
On Thursday the press viewed soil and plant testing that is part of the monitoring program created in response to Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome.
Most Popular Stories
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired