Keeneland’s 13-day November breeding stock sale that ended Nov. 20 reflected a stable market that mirrored recent trends, in which there is continued demand for quality and buyers' unwillingness to take risks on horses that do not fit their criteria.
Big purchases by Mandy Pope and Borges Torrealba help raise Fasig-Tipton November median and gross.
The sale of Havre de Grace for the third-highest price ever for a broodmare or broodmare prospect highlights a sale that saw gross receipts nearly double.
Whisper Hill Farm paid $475,000 for a Giant's Causeway filly during the morning of the Sept. 15 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale. The filly was consigned by Woodford Thoroughbreds, agent for Cloverleaf Farms.
Weanlings commanded the top prices Sunday, Nov. 15, as Keeneland's November breeding stock sale approached the halfway point.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver
- Southern Ring Speeds to Whimsical Victory
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic