Big purchases by Mandy Pope and Borges Torrealba help raise Fasig-Tipton November median and gross.
The sale of Havre de Grace for the third-highest price ever for a broodmare or broodmare prospect highlights a sale that saw gross receipts nearly double.
Whisper Hill Farm paid $475,000 for a Giant's Causeway filly during the morning of the Sept. 15 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale. The filly was consigned by Woodford Thoroughbreds, agent for Cloverleaf Farms.
Weanlings commanded the top prices Sunday, Nov. 15, as Keeneland's November breeding stock sale approached the halfway point.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks