Keeneland’s 13-day November breeding stock sale that ended Nov. 20 reflected a stable market that mirrored recent trends, in which there is continued demand for quality and buyers' unwillingness to take risks on horses that do not fit their criteria.
Big purchases by Mandy Pope and Borges Torrealba help raise Fasig-Tipton November median and gross.
The sale of Havre de Grace for the third-highest price ever for a broodmare or broodmare prospect highlights a sale that saw gross receipts nearly double.
Whisper Hill Farm paid $475,000 for a Giant's Causeway filly during the morning of the Sept. 15 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale. The filly was consigned by Woodford Thoroughbreds, agent for Cloverleaf Farms.
Weanlings commanded the top prices Sunday, Nov. 15, as Keeneland's November breeding stock sale approached the halfway point.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million