Favored Fifty Proof, Canada's champion older male of 2011, returned from 16-month layoff to take the $127,321 Sir Barton Stakes in front-running style at Woodbine Dec. 2.
Fifty Proof, idle since a second-place effort in the Nijinsky Stakes (Can-II) in July 2011, returns to action in the $125,000 Sir Barton Stakes Dec. 3 at Woodbine.
Pierre Esquirol has acquired successful sire Whiskey Wisdom to stand at his Esquirol Farms near Ryley, Alberta, Canada.
Fifty Proof earned his first graded stakes win when he disposed of odds-on favorite Exhi on the final turn and held on for a half-length win in the $175,871 Eclipse Stakes (Can-III) at odds of 10-1 at Woodbine May 28.
Prices up at Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society's yearling sale at Woodbine.
Whiskey Wisdom, one of Canada's leading sires, will stand in 2009 at Neil McLeod's Thunderbird Horse Centre near Brandon, Manitoba.
The second and final session of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society's Woodbine yearling sale -- preferred offerings -- took place Sept. 8, with similar results to the select session: a decrease in average but a steady middle market.
Primarily, the 2000 Canadian Broodmare of the Year, died March 30 in a field from injuries sustained in a fall at Frank Stronach's Adena Springs near Versailles, Ky.
Moonshine Justice kept his added-money record unblemished with a late stretch charge to take the featured $164,550 Vandal Stakes for 2-year-old Canadian breds Sunday at Woodbine.
The toteboard suggested he didn't have a shot, but Winter Whiskey was the toast of the $134,250 Swynford Stakes for 2-year-olds at Woodbine on Sunday.
Majestic Wisdom became a Queen's Plate contender by shocking the field as the longest shot on the tote board in Sunday's $161,100 Achievement Stakes at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Fair Grounds, Horsemen Rise to Challenge