Graded stakes winner Olmodavor will stand in 2011 in the state where he did his best racing.The 11-year-old stallion will hold court in California at Rich and Gaby Sulpizio's Magali Farms near Santa Ynez.
Red-hot trainer Richard Mandella sent his second-stringer to Fair Grounds for Sunday's $100,000 Whirlaway Handicap (gr. III) and favored Olmodavor responded with a well-timed victory for jockey Corey Lanerie.
Wertheimer and Frere's Olmodavor, third last time out against Star Cross and Nose the Trade in the San Pasqual Handicap (gr. II) at Santa Anita, ships to Fair Grounds and will be the 121-pound highweight in Sunday's Whirlaway Handicap (gr. III).
Badge of Silver, who hasn't raced since March of last year, had his first five furlong work in 1:00.60 last Wednesday. He's doing so well that his trainer, Ronny Werner, said he could make his comeback as early as Feb. 1 in the Whirlaway (gr. III) Handicap.
Anstu Stables' homebred Balto Star swept by Bonapaw in the stretch en route to a 2 1/4-length victory in Sunday's $125,000 Whirlaway Handicap (gr. III) at Fair Grounds.
Mineshaft brings a three-race winning streak into Sunday's Fair Grounds feature race, the $125,000 Whirlaway Handicap (gr. III). The son of A.P. Indy will face eight rivals in the 1 1/16-mile test for older horses.
James Jackson's Valhol rallied from just off the pace then held Parade Leader safely at bat to win the $125,000 Whirlaway Handicap at the Fair Grounds. On a fast track, the 6-year-old gelded son of Diazo completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:42.94.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Undrafted Opens Season in Shakertown
- Kobe's Back Returns East for Commonwealth
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward