Although champion Stardom Bound is the clear choice for the April 4 Ashland Stakes (gr. I) opening weekend at Keeneland, the daughter of Tapit has her work cut out of for her when facing an accomplished field of eight other females looking to secure a spot in the May 1 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
Jockey Channing Hill, a regular on the New York circuit since 2005, will shift his tack to Southern California after riding the March 18 program at Aqueduct.
Champion Stardom Bound, winner of five consecutive grade I stakes races, and rising star Rachel Alexandra, the heavy favorite for the March 14 $300,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) at Fair Grounds, are the narrowly separated top betting choices heading to this week's only pool of Churchill Downs' Kentucky Oaks Future Wager.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
What a Pear has just served notice that Stardom Bound will have competition in the sophomore filly division this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones